Saturday, January 24, 2015

Australian Open--what they said

You mentioned Tomasz and Martina. How does to work when you have two different inputs? Do they sit together and tell you the same things together. How is Tomasz adapting to this new situation?
I think we're all very happy and they are really working together as well. It's not like one is saying different thing and the other one completely another thing. So really having now good team, and when we talk about something, it's all together. I think they also having good relationship.
Aga Radwanska

She never stops moving, marching, bouncing, scurrying, swinging, sprinting, sliding, turning and always waiting, never late, to serve or receive. If it feels like you are watching tennis in fast-forward, think what it must feel like to play her.
Michael Beattie, referring to Dominika Cibulkova

...with this run you'll probably move up to 12 in the rankings. That's clearly pretty good. What does that mean to you?
I have to tell you, I've been trying a long time to get my ranking up. That's awesome. It's hard to be ranked lower than what you know you are. So it's definitely exciting to see yourself go up the rankings.
Venus Williams

There was little humility on show from either player but then it just wasn’t that type of match.
Richard Llewellyn Evans, writing about the Cibulkova-Cornet match

What do you remember most about the match against Muguruza at the French?
Losing. But it was a good loss. As angry as I was, it was the best loss I had the whole year last year. Had a lot of them. But that one in particular made me realize what I needed to work on. It opened my eyes towards a lot of things. I was like, Oh, my gosh, if I don't change, then I'm going to be forever in the same position. It actually ended up helping me a lot.
Serena Williams

And finally, Garbine Muguruza does her imitation of the Red Queen:
You never have these kind of matches usually when you play perfect, so just hoping to try to do the same as today and two days ago tomorrow. Not tomorrow, no. The next day. Yeah.

No comments: