Sunday, January 19, 2014

Australian Open--what they said

Were you bothered by her messing around with her toss?
Let me say maybe a little bit. When the match was coming to the end, I was getting like a little bit angry about that, you know. I was keep talking myself, like, Why she doing that? I thought it was on the purpose.
Dominika Cibulkova 

Jelena Jankovic ran out of challenges in the first game of the third set. Even for her that may be a record.
Ben Rothenberg

Can you talk a little bit about the second set? Topsy turvy. She raced to 5-0. You climbed back. Looked like the return game was maybe not your best return game of the match.
That's being nice. Let's be honest.
Maria Sharapova

When she does the right thing, she makes it look so easy.
Chris Evert, referring to Sloane Stephens

She's having a conversation with the box.
It's not a pleasant one, from what we're seeing.
Commentators discussing Jankovic

She owns victories over a slew of elite players, including Agnieszka Radwanska, Petra Kvitova, Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic, and Sam Stosur. On Monday Jankovic became another high-profile victim.
Matt Cronin, writing about Simona Halep
 
I'm very good player, so I don't want to have two opponents, the real one and me. I'm just trying to play against the opponent.
Dominika Cibulkova

Azarenka still hasn't looked at Sloane Stephens and acknowledged her.
Chris Evert, after Stephens apologized for hitting Azarenka in the groin

No comments: