Tuesday, August 27, 2013

U.S. Open--what they said

I like the Wimbledon, which is very calm, and here it's like more crowd and had big show.  I like big matches on the big stadium, too, but, I mean, the people, it's too much crowdy for myself, I think.
Petra Kvitova
 
I know she didn't play her best today, and I played the best I've played in my career.
Victoria Duval

There are things you can do better, always, but I felt like I gave everything.
Victoria Azarenka, on her 2012 U.S. Open loss to Serena Williams

You know, I feel like credit to her. I'm not going to be a sore loser and say she didn't do anything. But, you know, I think I certainly helped her out there today, that's for sure.
Sam Stosur

First of all, you can call me "Vika." "Victoria Azarenka" sounds so professional....
You can call me Pamela Howard Shriver.

2 comments:

Todd.Spiker said...

Ha! Yeah, I liked the little Vika/Pammy exchange. If you can trade fun barbs with Shriver with a microphone in her hand, then you can handle yourself pretty well in the conditions of this slam. ;)

Petra is getting a bit like Schiavone with her quotes. "The Wimbledon"... "too much crowdy." There's something to be said for knowing English well enough to get your point across, but still being able to put your own little spin on the language. ;)

Diane said...

I was relieved by that press conference; Petra's English has become so much better, I actually feared she was going to go the way of Hingis (whose broken English could be hilarious) and end up speaking English better than I do. And then what would we do without "The Serena" and "The Wimbledon" and "The Pink"? :)