Friday, May 10, 2013

Passing shots

Check out this gallery of Bethanie Mattek-Sands' fashion originality through the years.

Also, here is Courtmey Nguyen's brief interview with Mattek-Sands.

Laura Robson, Heather Watson, Francesca Schiavone, Roberta Vinci, and Ekaterina Makarova have all entered the Aegon Classic in Birmingham. Defending champion Melanie Oudin will be there, too.

The former coach of Laura Robson, Zeljko Krajan, says that the young British player did not take her tennis career as seriously as she should have. Robson recently fired Krajan.

Robson talks about her loss to Ana Ivanovic in Madrid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sought Krajan and spoke to him at Indian Wells. I had a few suggestions to make about the little hitch in Laura's serve - the hitch that is causing the spate of double faults plagueing her. He did not hear me out, stopping me by saying, "It takes a long time to change what someone has been doing for fifteen years." I disagreed, pointing out that Dementieva had succeeded in correcting a far worse problem within months, once Elena got the right advice near the end of her career. Krajan was closed to discussing it. To each his onion, and to each the stink that it brings.

Diane said...

Krajan doesn't strike me as the kind of person who likes to be challenged. And this gets back to something I've been saying for years: More players need to hire temporary service coaches because the regular coaches often can't or won't help with serve issues.

Doug said...

Diane, I was in a hurry and signed as 'anonymous'. Doug here.