Thursday, September 6, 2012

U.S. Open--what they said

You seemed much more relaxed on court than Bruno. The end of the first set seemed a little bit nervous, and also at the match tiebreak. You hold things much better than him.  Did you feel that?
Bruno Soares: The whole tournament.
Actually, no, I didn't feel that. I think I was more nervous than Bruno in this match, for sure. The tiebreak first set and the final tiebreak, I don't know, maybe I seem like too good, but inside I was really nervous. Like when it was 8‑4 for sure I started to be tight.
Ekaterina Makarova

It was not easy; they make many strategies.
Roberta Vinci

I went to middle school in Harlem so I knew that to get my New York fill I had to visit the school where I got made fun of because I played handball with the boys. What can I say? I was the only girl who could muscle the ball way over the building.
Irina Falconi

Same question for you, too.
Bruno Soares: What do I do good?
Volleys, it's definitely volleys. Because I just returning, and then Bruno did everything else, like close all the court. So I think in mixed for sure, like moving when the guy is moving really good and volleys. I'm like I'm just standing there on the baseline. 
Ekaterina Makarova

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see Ekaterina get a slam.

Diane said...

I'm very glad for her, too. They played such a great tournament.