Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mauresmo honored in Paris

Retired player Amelie Mauresmo was honored yesterday during the Open GDF SUEZ in Paris. French players, including Tatiana Golovin and Nathalie Dechy, were on hand to celebrate Mauresmo's career, and they were joined by Elena Dementieva, Patty Schnyder, Flavia Pennetta, Francesca Schiavone, and Alisa Kleybanova.

Dementieva made some very nice remarks, as did Schiavone, who told Amelie, "You were my idol." Mauresmo was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and special T-shirts were distributed.

A tearful Mauresmo responded: "I'm going to miss you all. I have one thing to say, thank you! It may be simple, and it may be brief, but all the greatest moments in my career have happened here."

Here is a video from the ceremony.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Diane there's a nice video on wta official site of the ceremony + interview with momo. Her voice is soooo adorable!

Dani

Diane said...

I'll add it to the post, Dani. I noticed this morning that there was a video, but I didn't have time to watch it.