Friday, January 29, 2010

Australian Open--what they said

We've run out of tape and been borrowing tape from everyone.
Serena Wlliams

I don't know exactly how I'm going to feel before walking on court. I wouldn't say it's something new for me. But since I'm back, it's pretty new, and it came very quickly. I have to deal also with that, that I thought it wouldn't come that early.
Justine Henin

...I feel like I really, really peaked against Sam Stosur, which was ‑‑ I played amazing. Hopefully I'll be able to pull that tennis out again.
Serena Williams

Is it a plus that you're going in unseeded on the comeback, that the expectations are probably not there that would have been if you were number 1?
Well, when you have to play Dementieva in the second round, you're not happy that you're not seeded.
Justine Henin

...I was like, Serena, I guess it's easier to hold at 3‑2 instead of 4‑3. I thought it was break point. I didn't know it was match---I mean, I need to play all my matches like this without knowing the score. I think it would help.
Venus Williams

2 comments:

Todd Spiker said...

Hmmm, I wonder what the bird said when it took a "bathroom break" on Gimelstob's shoulder on Tennis Channel last night?

I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but I thought of you when that happened. :D

Diane said...

The bird probaby died from contact.