Sunday, February 15, 2009

Miscellany

Ana Ivanovic is now being coached by Craig Kardon. Kardon has worked with Martina Navratilova, Lindsay Davenport, Mary Pierce, and Jennifer Capriati.

The tour site has a nice piece on Julie Coin, who is playing in Memphis this week.

I continue to not like the dress style, but I am quite fond of the shade of orange worn by Jelena Jankovic during the Open GDF SUEZ.

The Billie Jean King Cup, which will be played in Madison Square Garden, will be broadcast live on HBO, 7:30 p.m., EST, on Monday, March 2.

Jarmilla Gajdosova was recently married to ATP player Sam Groth.

Laura Robson is now ranked number 2 in the world among junior girls.

Tennis TV is working out pretty well for me. I had some problems with it--and I still have a few--but I have straightened out much of the difficulty, and can now enjoy watching (when I'm not working--work really gets in the way of my tennis viewing) matches I would not ordinarily get to see. I bought a WTA pass only; I was afraid that if I bought the ATP pass, too, I wouldn't do anything but watch tennis in my spare time. I already drag a netbook around with me to check scores. Now--sometimes--I can even sneak a peek at a match while I'm typing or waiting.

1 comment:

Herzblut said...

I too like that orange shade, though not the style(that 'baby doll' fit, and the lop-sided one which Ana Ivanovic wears, have to be two of the most unlikeable dresses, I think)....but, oh, how I wish she would wear ANYTHING other than white knickers with it!