Friday, September 5, 2008

What they said--day 12

"Against her, you really have to work hard, you know, every single point. With some other player, you know, two, three balls is enough, but with her you have to be ready for seven, six or even more."
Elena Dementieva, speaking of Jelena Jankovic

"...it will be difficult, but it's doable."
Jelena Jankovic, on defeating Serena Williams

"It was kind of hard to do today with the conditions, but I just definitely, you know, wanted to just go up against, you know, I think the best player this summer."
Serena Williams on Dinara Safina

"Well, I'm not disappointed at all. For me Olympics was my biggest goal, and I did my best. I have no regrets about it."
Elena Dementieva

"...maybe today was physically and mentally 80, but I spent 60 on being negative on the court, like shooting around and complaining about everything instead of spending 80% totally focused on just point by point."
Dinara Safina

"...I'm just laughing. I have a good time. And he said, 'Is this because you're No. 1 or No. 2 in the world?' And I said, No, I was laughing when I was 1,000 in the world, but maybe a little bit more now that I'm No. 1 or No. 2." 
Jelena Jankovic, describing a conversation with her driver

"You know, if I don't practice, then it's like my mind goes nuts."
Serena Williams

"I think I was behaving like a really spoiled girl on the court today. This I cannot permit myself playing in semifinal of Grand Slam."
Dinara Safina

Can you take us through the injuries from the very beginning?
"It's a long story. It's going to be a long story."
Jelena Jankovic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Overview of state health insurance laws and activities. http://insuranceinstates.com/texas/San%20Antonio/Alamo%20Title%20Company/78249/