Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Upsets of the day

Casey Dellacqua def. Marion Bartoli (9...probably still injured)
Aleksandra Wozniak def. Sybille Bammer (20)
Sam Stosur def. Shahar Peer (17)

In other news:

Top seed Maria Sharapova had quite a time of it before squeaking by Evgeniya Rodina in a sudden death playoff.

The American wild card, Madison Brengle, was eliminated by countrywoman Bethanie Mattek.

Michaella Krajicek made yet another first round exit. She has yet to win a match this year.

And the match I was most looking forward to--Gisela Dulko v. Alize Cornet--was suspended in the middle of the third round and will resume tomorrow. Of course, I was not able to see any of because ESPN would never show a really interesting contest with no Americans or in it or with no Maria Sharapova in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you can see the continuation of the match on
espn360.com

Diane said...

Unfortunately, ESPN 360 is not available to me. I wish.